Direction of flow for dryer and Tube mounting tips

Hi. I’m 2/3rds through the install on my ‘85 911. All going well so far but I have 2 ques:

1. My dryer unit doesn’t have any arrows on it indicating the direction of flow. When I look down the entry/exit ports, one is deeper and appears to extend beneath the glass lens on the top of the unit. The other port seems much shorter. Anyone know which is the entry and which is the exit? See pics below.

2. I’m mounting the condenser behind the left rear wheel. The reasons for this are that I’m keen to keep the fog lights and am trying to only use existing mounting points. My mechanic recommended using one of the bolts that starts on the inside of the engine bay and then p-clips that attach to the struts that run from the chassis to the bottom edge of the rear skirt. It seems pretty solid and fits great. The only issue is it requires running the #6 and #8 tubes plus the electrics up under the rear wheel arch. Any ideas for how best to mount this? I’ve seen one picture where they appear to be zip-tied to the engine lid release cable, but not sure if that is sturdy enough and if the zip ties will last in there?

Cheers, Stu

33506968-3D2E-438B-B712-9364DAF0EA56.jpeg

5A5DA918-6A72-48FE-8F7E-8004C52025C1.jpeg

On 1/26/2021 at 3:08 AM, Stu said:

Hi. I’m 2/3rds through the install on my ‘85 911. All going well so far but I have 2 ques:

1. My dryer unit doesn’t have any arrows on it indicating the direction of flow. When I look down the entry/exit ports, one is deeper and appears to extend beneath the glass lens on the top of the unit. The other port seems much shorter. Anyone know which is the entry and which is the exit? See pics below.

2. I’m mounting the condenser behind the left rear wheel. The reasons for this are that I’m keen to keep the fog lights and am trying to only use existing mounting points. My mechanic recommended using one of the bolts that starts on the inside of the engine bay and then p-clips that attach to the struts that run from the chassis to the bottom edge of the rear skirt. It seems pretty solid and fits great. The only issue is it requires running the #6 and #8 tubes plus the electrics up under the rear wheel arch. Any ideas for how best to mount this? I’ve seen one picture where they appear to be zip-tied to the engine lid release cable, but not sure if that is sturdy enough and if the zip ties will last in there?

Hi Stu

Where there are no markings or in/out direction arrows then the direction does not matter.

The hoses we use are lightweight. You could use some large industrial cable ties and secure them like that. It is not like securing heavy oil lines.

Glad your install is going well. Good time of year to get it done!