The feature request thread

Our products are loaded with features but we're always open to new ideas. While most new features are too user specific to make it to production, given the high cost to maintain and low ROI, ideas raised in open forums can add to product conversations and take development in interesting directions.

Share your ideas here and we will add them for discussion. The best ideas may even win a prize!

• 5 months later...

OK - here goes for the CDI

Knock sensor input to detect knock and retard as necessary. 

If it detected a knock, it could simply retard the spark via the overlay by a degree (repeat in degrees till knock goes away) and that retard override remains until the ignition is turned off. If it could also provide some form of visual warning that the override was activated via the shift light even better. 

More about tuning aid and engine preservation - but a full on knock sensor system would be a step even better.

Tim

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@Mothy yes, this has come up in discussions a few times.    I think the issue might be 'tuning' the knock sensor to the 911 engine and finding a suitable place to install the sensor without having to drill the heads to carry the 964 system.  

The knock sensor itself does not provide a simple knock / no knock signal.  There is electronics involved for the signal conditioning and setting up to the cylinder size etc.  

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hello.  Has there been any further developments to solve the alternator upgrade for Porsche and VW 4 cylinder engines?  I have a 67 912 that I would really like to make more enjoyable to drive during the hot, Southern California desert, summer days.  

Thanks

On 8/7/2022 at 4:10 AM, Guytranspo said:

Hello.  Has there been any further developments to solve the alternator upgrade for Porsche and VW 4 cylinder engines?  I have a 67 912 that I would really like to make more enjoyable to drive during the hot, Southern California desert, summer days.  

Thanks

Hi Guytranspo, at the moment we are focusing on other projects, though we will return to this down the line in association with our alternator partner.

Let us know if you have any other questions!