Upgraded Alternator for Porsche 912-Karmann Ghia-early VW

I own a 911 that has your system and I love it. However I also own several VW Karmann Ghias in which I intend to install A/C.

I would like to use the Classic Retrofit A/C system in my VWs but the amperage on the most powerful alternator is 95 and I heard they aren't very good.

Having seen the Irish Green Porsche 912 installation, I wonder if you are using the 95 amp alternator or if you have upgraded it beyond that? You say in the description that you did upgrade it but I don't see that alternator as one of your options. Please help & thanks!

• classicretrofit changed the title to Upgraded Alternator for Porsche 912/Karmann Ghia/early VW

This was a headscratcher as the owner did not want to touch the engine, so we custom engineered this setup using a WOSP alternator. It's not super aesthetic and took quite a bit of working out at additional cost but it did the trick.

It involves a coupler from a VW T5 with some machining. We are working on a possible kit for this - on the list of things to do.

• classicretrofit changed the title to Upgraded Alternator for Porsche 912-Karmann Ghia-early VW