Rear fuse panel - 1970 911T

I've just finished installing the rear fuse panel in my 1970 911T (I'll tackle the front soon). One thing I noted is that the order of the line wires had to be flipped (ie I had to move 3->1 and 1->3) in order for the bussed line connections to be correct - ie 1&2 are bussed on the original panel, but 2&3 on your panel. Obviously also had to flip the load wires to match. Not a big deal, but easy to miss if you aren't paying attention. Car started up fine and all seemed well. Yay!

One question - I note there's no grounding of the rear fuse panel, so interested in understanding if this is indeed correct, and if so then how do the LED's work?

Cheers,

Gavin

Sydney, Australia

IMG_2972D.JPG

IMG_2963D.JPG

Edited by pocketscience
  • Like 1

The bussing changes over the years but 1&2 is a new one on me.  On later cars, all three are bussed and a wire link is required.  

Your observation is correct, there is no ground for the LEDs.  The LEDs will only illuminate if the the accessory in question is 'on' and the fuse is blown (or removed).  This is normal operation for these type of 'fuse blown' indicators.  This is actually more useful since you can use the LED to establish whether the feed upstream of the fuse is working, simply by removing the fuse and checking the LED.

• Like 1